Tuesday 21 May 2013

STRIPES.

Top: TKMaxx| Trousers: Primark| Shoes: Topshop

Yay. The white shoes are making an appearance again. I'm very much in love with them, and no one's stepped on them yet which is surprising but I'm not complaining. I see myself wearing these a LOT this summer, but if I plan on keeping them in tact for next summer I don't think I'll be able to. 

So, you know when you're shopping and you don't see anything you like and you're feeling extremely uninspired? Well that was me a couple weeks ago, until I popped into Primark and saw these trousers. I've been wanting a pair of striped monochrome trousers for a while now. I've tried the leggings and they were a massive "no, no" and didn't really suit my figure. But these are definitely a "yes, yes, yes" I wore them with this bright yellow top to give the outfit a summery kind of vibe, even though we're not getting much summer here in London.

This is kind of random, but I thought I'd just share that I've decided to embark on a personal journey. This hasn't been the best year for me so far, and I feel like a lot of it's been pretty much wasted. But about two weeks ago, I decided that I need to start living. So I'm starting to grasp opportunities that I wouldn't usually and really taking myself out of my comfort zone. I'm saying "yes!" a lot more, "no" can be a very damaging word without you even realising it. And since I've made this decision it's like opportunities are flying at me from left, right and centre. I'm so much happier, much more excited to wake up and I have more and more things to look forward to. I'm trying to really get to know myself, and slowly better myself into the person that I want to be. Everyday, I fall in love with myself a little bit more. As weird as that sounds, I think it's so important to love yourself because once you do, you can really start loving and living life without the worries of what people think of you and putting other people's happiness before your own. So yeah, just thought I'd share that little life update. If you guys have any motivating / inspiring books or movies that you can recommend, please do! Throw 'em at me!


28 comments :

  1. Looking great! and loving white shoes!!! good on ya girl the best way to live is to LIVE. may the doors keep flying open! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the shoes, this outfit is nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your style! Just came across your blog and I love it.
    About your personal journey, I always love the quote "Say yes and you'll figure it out afterwards" by Tina Fey, it's often about getting past the hurdle of just saying yes rather than no!


    HannahMay xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hun. I love that quote, it's so fitting!

      Delete
  4. I love those trousers I cannot believe they are Primark.

    I know the feeling this year has been so awful for me too, but I've done the same and I'm grasping every opportunity whatever is it and it does make you so much happier!! :)

    www.studdedkisses.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know they were such a good find!! That's wicked, so glad your happier now! x

      Delete
  5. love the pants, ive been wanting some striped pants lately and i think youve just convinced me to jump the gun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) deffo get a pair! they'd look great on you

      Delete
  6. I like the outfit, you look lovely as usual!

    Your update reminded me of the book 'Wear YES on your heart' by J L Ford. I'm not sure if it's the exact type of book you're looking for but it really inspired me :) Let me know if you check it out and like it xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hun, I'll definitely check it out and give it a read. Thanks so much :) x

      Delete
  7. Fabulous post! I love it:) It your blog is very stylish!!
    CHIC STREET CHOC
    FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome outfit! I just love striped trousers and these shoes are beautiful :)

    Love from Canada,

    http://a-warriors-diary.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those striped trousers are IT. So nice. Generally love the whole outfit tbh.

    As for inspiring book you should really have a look at The Secret x

    sittingwitty.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love everything about this! Amazing!x

    http://crystalcosmicchic.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving this outfit! It fits you so well and the pants are definitely my favorite part. I haven't been able to find a pair like that yet
    http://lexiluthor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love everything about this post. Your shoes are so ace and I love your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wah, amazing combination! I adore you and your style

    Just to let you know, I'm taking part in POSH Fashion Awards, to increase the awareness of men interested in fashion so I would be very grateful if you could nominate me. To pay back my amazing followers and supporters I will be holding a giveaway on my blog if I get shortlisted.

    I also would be very grateful if you could spread the world and let people know about the competition. You can nominate me by visiting my blog and clicking the POSH FASHION AWARD logo at the side I'm competing in Best Fashion Blog and Best Newcomer category.

    Thank you in advance

    David.
    www.malefashionuk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVELOVELOVE this look!Cant wait to see your next outfit idea.

    check out my blog and give me a few tips if you think its necessary, thank you love

    http://theawkwardbutterfli.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love love love this outfit, I want your trousers!

    www.allthingssteph.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading, and I appreciate every single comment left. If you ask a question or leave a special kind of message, make sure you check back for my reply. Don't forget to leave your blogs so I can check them out!

alethia . All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio .