Friday 15 February 2013

Neon Beanie.


Very overdue blog post here, I took these pictures last Thursday and haven't had a chance to upload them or post anything else until now. I wasn't sure whether to reveal what I've been up to since last Thursday in this post or another, but I decided a separate one would be much better. I've had an amazing two weeks!


Here is my own take on styling the very popular neon beanie. I wasn't too sure I could pull off this hat when I bought it, I just grabbed it because it was an amazing £1 in the River Island sale. But I find that it's goes so well when the rest of the outfit is really simple and neutral, hence my all black attire. Definitely don't shy away from this colour of clothing. I know when styled wrong it can look like you're going to a 70's roller disco. But when styled right it can be a very effective statement piece. A lot of people did a double take look at my hat on the tube and on the street and some even looked a bit confused. My head definitely stood out the most in my lecture, but hey - it's just a neon coloured hat. If you feel confident and comfortable in what you're wearing, no matter how crazy it may be, it's more likely to look good on you. It's not what you wear, it's how you wear it. 


19 comments :

  1. Gorgeous! Love beanies , loving the fluoro with all black xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great outfit! Love the pop of neon against the all black, the beanie really suits you.

    Tasha xx
    http://tashalaurencleary.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Outfit, love that jacket! Beanie loving, it totally stands out xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) The beanie definitely stands out, haha X

      Delete
  4. Love the neon beanie w/ the all black (;

    alittlelarkspur.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Completely agree, Primark jeans should have 'temporary' written all over them, don't think I've had any last longer than a year :/ haha

    Mona xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg, yes! Temporary jeans they are. You may aswell buy a new pair instead of daring to wash them lol

      Delete
  6. I can't believe your hat was £1 its gorgeous and I love the colour!
    http://thelipstickthegirlandherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, couldn't believe it was that cheap either! X

      Delete
  7. Love this outfit and adore the hat!

    www.laurenbehappy.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you put things together, so inspiring :)
    check my blog out, just new xoxo
    everythingcocochanell.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Even minus the beanie, this outfit is perfect. Love your styling x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love neon beanies, you pull it off so well! Love all the outfits you have on here :)

    http://bigmegowski.blogspot.ie/

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading, and I appreciate every single comment left. If you ask a question or leave a special kind of message, make sure you check back for my reply. Don't forget to leave your blogs so I can check them out!

alethia . All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio .